Yannis A. PollalisiLEADS Director | Professor of Strategy | University of Piraeus
Emmanouil ChoustoulakisiLEADS IT Infrastructure Administrator
Thomas PoutasStrategic Associate
Evi ProkopiStrategic Associate
Manos VrontisStrategic Associate
Irene SamantaStrategic Associate
Petros ChamakiotisStrategic Associate
Yannis ZafeirisStrategic Associate
Makis VasileiouStrategic Associate
Gerasimos KoutsouvelisStrategic Associate
Nikolaos VentourisStrategic Associate
Thomas DasaklisPost Doc Researcher
Xanthippi GiannouziPhD Candidate
Archontoula ArmoutakiPhD Candidate
Dimitra BalaskaPhD Candidate
Michail AngelopoulosPost Doc Researcher
Zacharias DermatisStrategic Associate
Andreas-Irodis RodakosPhD Candidate
Ioannis RematisiosStrategic Associate
Eleni PoulimeneaPhD Candidate
Efstathia PapathanasiPhD Candidate
Zoi PatergiannakiPhD Candidate
Christianna TsiterouStrategic Associate
Olga TsatsaniPhD Candidate
Symeon SidiropoulosStrategic Associate
Yannis A. Pollalis, is a Professor of Strategic Management & Policy in the Department of Economic Science since 1999, and since 2004 the founder and Director of the Graduate Program in Economic & Business Strategy at the University of Piraeus in Greece. He has consulted, researched and published numerous articles on strategic marketing, management of information systems, strategy formulation, e-business development, leadership, emotional intelligence and leadership.
He has served as a Keynote & Motivational Speaker and a consultant in issues of Leadership, Human Resources Development, Motivation for Employees, Coaching & Teamwork workshops (Train-the-Trainer), Marketing Planning, Strategic Planning, Performance Management & Measurement Systems (Dixons’ South Europe Group, IASO General Hospital, Hellenic Private Hospitals Organization, L’Oreal Hellas, Altec Telecoms, National Bank of Greece, Oriflame SA, Psimitis SA, Hermes Group-Cyprus, Cooperative Central Bank of Cyprus, AMGEN Hellas, Yellow-Pages, Interamerican Insurance Group, ING Group, MDRT, LIMRA, GAMA Hellas).
Professor Pollalis teaches in undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs (University of Piraeus, Hellenic Open University, International Hellenic University, Medical School-University of Athens) as well as, in executive development & training courses (Cyprus International Institute of Management, Syracuse University’s Leadership Institute, University of Pittsburgh’s Executive MBA) and has received numerous Teaching Excellence Awards.
He has published 15 books in the areas of management, strategic planning, information management, e-business, marketing management, organizational behavior and business corporate strategy. His research has been funded by the Onassis Public Benefit Foundation, NATO’s Science & Research Program and the European Network for SMEs Research. He is in the editorial board for The International Journal for Information Management (IJIM), The Journal of Marketing & Operations Management Research and has served as Associate Editor for the Journal of Applied Systems Studies (JASS) and Editor for the International Journal of Economics & Business (SPOUDAI). He has served as a faculty member for iSchool during 1993-1998 and since 2002 he has been a visiting professor for the Summer Leadership Institute at Syracuse University, New York.
Emmanouil Choustoulakis is an Adjunct Academic Staff in the Department of Economic Science at the University of Piraeus. Also, he serves as an Adjunct Academic Staff in the Faculty of Social Sciences at the Hellenic Open University, where he teaches in the Pedagogy and Teaching Competence Program. Also, he serves as an Adjunct Academic Staff in the Pedagogical Training Program (EPPAIK) at the School of Pedagogical and Technological Education (ASPETE).
He has also served as an Adjunct Academic Staff in the Department of Sports Management at the University of Peloponnese. He has been a PostDoc Researcher at the University of Peloponnese for two years. He received his PhD in Economics of Education and Digital Technologies at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens. He received also an MSc in Digital Educational Technologies and Digital Systems at the University of Piraeus. He received a Bachelor in Economics (BEcon) at the University of Piraeus.
He has authored and co-authored more than 40 research papers in international scientific journals, and conference proceedings, and also 2 books. He has participated in several short and long term research projects, where he utilized advanced statistical models, thus acquiring strong expertise in the latest research techniques and methodologies. He is member of international scientific committees, and also a reviewer in international scientific journals and conferences. His research interests span on Economics of Education, ICT and Digital Transformation in Education, Technology Adoption and Diffusion, Organizational Behavior, Mathematical Methods in Economics, and Quality Management in Education.
Very early, he realized the central role of digital technologies in the disruption of traditional learning and instructional models, and because of his personal and particular interest in them, Emmanouil built skills in strategic management of information systems, web development, digital marketing and branding of social media, information and knowledge management, etc. and focused his efforts on communicating and raising awareness on the digital transformation of modern Education in Economics, Mathematics, and Management.
ICT & RESEARCH SKILLS
- Excellent computer knowledge in all operating systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office package: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint , Outlook, InfoPath, Visio
- Fluency in Internet and e-mail appications
- Excellent processing knowledge and statistical data analysis with statistical packages (SPSS, Statistica, StatGraphics). I have carried out a vast amount of statistical surveys and research projects. More analytically:
- statistical analyses using advanced statistical models
- processing of statistical data, statistical results presentation, research findings and recommendations for researchers published in international and nationwide conferences relating to computing and ICT in Education
- research design and methodological guidance for Doctoral Dissertations, Master Theses, Undergraduate Studies, educational programs of undergraduate and graduate level
- data collection, indexing and processing data for the fulfilment of marketing research for financial products, business plans, marketing plans, cost-effectiveness analyses, cost-benefit analyses, economic and technical studies, feasibility analyses of private sector companies
- Technology integration & ICT consultant, digital strategy and e-marketing developer for private organizations.
- Professor of courses such as “Management Information Systems”, “Network Security”, “E-Commerce”, “Statistical Methods for Social Sciences”, “Databases”, “Data Communications”, “E-Learning Development Applications”, “Financial Mathematics”, “Marketing Management”, “Strategic Leadership & Business Policy”, “Economics of Education”, “Macroeconomics”.
- E-learning Development Coordinator, in the digital technology company “StartNet”.
- Academic research associate, in topics relating to Research Methodology and Statistical Analysis of Economy and Information Technology Projects.
- Trainee Product Manager for the engineering company “ERTEKA SA”, where I worked as a responsible officer for the integration of research and development programs
- Business Development Manager CIIM Cyprus
- Interim Project & Operations Manager, Strategic Management Consultant, Trainer and Coach in Germany, CEEMEA and China (Automotive, Telcos, IT, Commerce, Manufacturing, Aircraft etc.)
- Interim Project Management of international Business Performance Management projects. Responsibilities:Project planning, success factors, milestones, asset resources, definition of Service Level Agreements (SLAs), definition of new business processes and job descriptions, evaluation of IT-systems (SAP, Incadea/Navision, and other CRM/ERP), status reports and deliveries/presentations, training of people in use of systems and tools. Leadership of Consulting-Teams with budgets up to €1million per project p.a.
- Implemented consulting practices for several multinational companies in EU and Asia.
- Train-the-Trainer for Performance Management.
- Consulting, Coaching + Training for multiple Business Networks.
- Developed and realized in-house and external Workshops and Trainings for more than 3.000 participants in Change Management, Project Management, Business Process Management, Balanced Scorecard, People Leadership, LEAN-TQM, Sales Process Management, Time Management, Conflict Management, Outplacement, Intercultural Communication, HR Recruitment & Assessment Center, Personnel Positioning. Trainees included leaders, executives, managers, workers and employees from different cultures in CEEMEA.
- German Association of Project Management
- International Federation for Coaching and Training
- European Social Simulation Association
- Various international Networks for business consulting and coaching.
Dr. Evi Prokopi is a multicultural expert, having lived in six countries and worked with people from 58 countries. She has tremendous experience in recruiting, training, coaching, mentoring, leading and managing project management teams for Fortune 100 companies and start-ups.
Evi, the founder and President of Cosmoleadership, the Global Leadership Association, is the first and youngest Greek female to ever speak at the Global Project Management Institute Congress and she is one of the World’s Top 100 HR Influencers 2020. She has also been awarded the 40 Under 40 Business Elite Award and the Best Leadership Award 2021 by the CEO Today Magazine.
As a Certified Work Performance Assessor, HRM Lecturer, Success Coach, the Managing Director of Skema Projects, and international bestselling author, she wants to empower people and help them achieve their personal and professional goals.
Manos Vrontis has 20 years of senior management experience with full P&L responsibility in multinational and greek companies such as Unilever, Sara Lee, BIC, LG, OPAP and Boutari Wineries.
He has also worked in Asia as Corporate Sales Director Asia in charge of 12 countries and General Manager of Singapore & Malaysia. Currently, he is General Manager in a medical company which specializes in state-of-the-art technology.
His expertise lies in driving change by leading cross-functional teams with hands-on management. Key areas of specialization are Strategy formulation and execution, Sales Transformation, New Market Penetration, Customer Marketing, Advanced Negotiations and Key Account Management.
He also pursues a PhD in the area of Wine Marketing, teaches in a foreign University and does consulting and training in companies and individuals.
He likes travelling, good food and reading .
Dr. Irene Samanta is an Associate Professor in the Department of Business Admini-stration, University of West Attica. She is associate Director in M.Sc. International Business Management Programme. Irene Samanta obtained Ph.D. thesis from the University of the West of Scotland (UK) with tittled “Modelling the relationships in B2B firms under e-marketing practices: Moving from the traditional Business envi-ronment in the innovative e-commerce. The case of Greek firms” M.Sc. in Interna-tional Marketing from University of Paisley (UK). Her main research interests are in the areas of marketing, e-relationships, e-marketing, international marketing and re-search methods. She has supervised a number of M.Sc. Dissertations and PhD thesis.
She is member of the editorial board of scientific journals, International Conferences and book chapters.
She participates as Researcher in the following Projects “Analysis of the factors af-fecting e-customer satisfaction”, “Internal Marketing in Banking Sector” and “Iinvestigation of expertise in education” financed by European projects, Archimedes I and Archimedes II. Regarding her publication track record, she has published one Monography in Lampert Publishing Company Germany and she is Editor of a Chapter Book and co-Editor in a scientific journal. She is author or co-author of several re-search papers in various scientific journals, chapter-books, conference proceedings, and several articles in commercial journals of Commercial and Industry Chamber of Piraeus. She is co-author of eight text books.
Dr Petros Chamakiotis is an Associate Professor of Management at ESCP Business School in Madrid, Spain, where he is also the Scientific Director of the MSc in Digital Project Management & Consulting. He currently chairs the IFIP Working Group 9.5 on ‘Our Digital Lives’ and holds a Visiting Senior Lectureship at the University of Sussex Business School, where he is also affiliated with the Digital Futures at Work Research Centre.
Petros is a qualitative researcher focusing on how digital technologies influence the practice of management. His research and teaching interests include the management of virtual teams, online communities, ubiquitous connectivity, digital (health) platforms, and the role of digital technologies in emergencies. His research appears mainly in information systems and management journals, as well as in practitioner outlets and the popular press. Some examples include: Information Systems Journal; International Journal of Information Management; New Technology, Work and Employment; Information Technology & People; and LSE Business Review.
A graduate of the University of Piraeus himself, Petros speaks English, Greek and Spanish fluently, and he has an intermediate knowledge of German.
Yannis Zafeiris is a modern marketer currently shaping Europe’s leading Home Appliances Group’s digital strategy and transition in Greece and Cyprus.
Being in his mid-thirties he has gained esteemed corporate experience of almost a decade in Marketing; Brand, Consumer and lately Digital, three years in Finance, as well a couple of shorter but equally rewarding encounters with entrepreneurship. He has shaped and delivered effective strategies, coordinated or worked with teams within notable national and international projects and has led award-winning best practices and launches – such as the introduction of smart home appliances to the local market.
Yannis has studied Management and Technology and holds a postgraduate degree in Business Strategy from the University Piraeus – where he is a founding board member and curator of the Alumni Association.
He keeps his mind engaged with entrepreneurial and consulting opportunities, and enjoys treating his loved ones to home-gastro dinners and wine pairings, regularly demonstrating his cooking skills on his amateur Instagram cookery blog.
Senior HR Leader | Chief Trainer | Sales Expert
Makis Vasileiou is a senior HR Leader backed by proven 25+ years tracked record in managing variety of human resources on retail, telecoms and B2B businesses in both Greek companies and multinational as well. His specialties mostly deals with all aspects of training, HR development, organization optimization and development, talent management, sales strategy development, as well as he provides a portfolio of consulting services on the areas of human resources and sales.
Makis has a broad +17years experience on training business professionals of all levels and across industries and areas, internally in the companies he has worked and as an external freelancer consultant to his clients. Some of his most prominent courses include all functions of HR management, sales strategy, sales management and coaching, development of “Retail Management Academies” and “Sales Boot Camps” for B2B businesses, etc. His clients are Greek Yellow Pages, EIAS, Teleperformance, Doukas School, Hondos, 3 Alfa, etc. In addition, he has participated with consultants Kornferry/Haygroup and Mckinsey in the several projects of retail stores’ productivity improvement, performance management systems, job evaluation, compensation and rewarding schemes, etc.
For long, Makis has worked as Human Resources Director at Forthnet/Nova Group, Altec Group and as Training/Development Manager at Dixons/Kotsovolos. He also in his first career was Sales Executive possessing managerial positions specifically at Germanos, Dixons/Kotsovolos, Keranis Tobacco, etc.
Makis obtained a Master degree from Kingston University, GB in Business administration (MBA) and a Professional Pilot Diploma (FAA, CPL-IFR-ME) from Teterboro Flight Academy, USA.
Gerasimos Koutsouvelis was born in Volos in 1981. He obtained his diploma in Electrical Engineering in 2003 as well as a Master of Science in Information Technology with Management in 2007. Since 2003, he has been professionally involved in lifting systems, especially in overheads cranes. Today, he works as Sales Director Europe in the international Company, named KITO, giving particular emphasis on the introduction in the European market of new Digitalization technologies.
His vision is, for the Greek Industry as a whole, to be more secure, productive and competitive. The adaptability of products and services along with the increasing pace of reforms and the perpetual experience in this field, offer the opportunity for the objectives to be achieved: zeroing accidents, increasing of productivity and competitiveness in industry.
Currently, he has focused on the research into applying IOT to the wider field of industries, in the interest of boosting the speed and the quality of metadata collection, which will contribute to the more budgetary and efficient functioning of the sector. In addition, he is working in a research to involve IT infrastructure for make engineering more efficiency and connected to e-commerce approach.
Nikolaos Ventouris was born in Athens in 1992. He studied economics at the University of Piraeus. Since 2012, he discovered his passion for internet marketing and building businesses online. Having experienced most of Google’s core algorithms and its updates, he is highly qualified in achieving higher organic traffic using pure technical and white hat SEO. Currently working on affiliate SEO on a global scale.
In Greece, he works with SEM Wizards Agency, a premium Google Partner. SEM Wizards manages high ticket clients with budgets over 500.000€. Always adapting to new technologies and opportunities through continuous testing and analyzing data.
Dr. Thomas Dasaklis graduated from the University of Piraeus, Department of Industrial Management and Technology. He holds a M.Sc. degree in supply chain management and a Ph.D. degree in healthcare management and disaster response. His research interests lie in the area of supply chain management, operational research, humanitarian logistics/disaster response, data analysis and blockchain technology. He has participated in National and European Research projects and has published papers in several international journals and conference proceedings. He has worked for the European Commission (DG Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection) and the University of Piraeus Research Centre. He has also worked in the private sector for three years as supply chain director. He is Adjunct Academic Staff at the Hellenic Open University. He is also seasonal lecturer at the Department of Industrial Management and Technology and the Department of Informatics, University of Piraeus.
Selected research projects
- February 2018 – present: Researcher in the project «Social Protection Innovative Investment in Long Term
- January 2018 – present: Researcher in the project «Partnership against violent radicalization in the cities – PRACTICIES»
- January 2018 – present: Researcher in the project «Online Privacy Enforcement, Rights Assurance and Optimization-OPERANDO»
- January – February 2018: Researcher in the project «Scalable Multidimensional Situation Awareness Solution for Protecting European Ports-SAURON»
- January 2018 – present: Researcher in the project «Terabit/s Wireless Connectivity by TeraHertz innovative technologies to deliver Optical Network Quality of Experience in Systems beyond 5G-TERRANOVA»
- September 2010 – May 2015: Researcher in the project «Emergency Supply Chain Management for controlling infectious disease outbreaks»
- March 2004 – December 2007: Researcher in the project «Development of advanced methods of Environmental Analysis and applications in Supply Chains»
1.1 Papers published in international journals
- P. Rachaniotis, T.Κ. Dasaklis, C.P. Pappis, 2017. Controlling infectious disease outbreaks: A deterministic allocation-scheduling model with multiple discrete resources, Journal of Systems Science and Systems Engineering, Volume 26, Issue 2, pp 219–239.
- Κ. Dasaklis, C.P. Pappis, 2017. Critical success factors for implementing cholera vaccination campaigns in humanitarian emergencies: a DEMATEL-based approach, EURO Journal on Decision Processes, pp 1–20.
- Κ. Dasaklis, N.P. Rachaniotis, C.P. Pappis, 2016. Emergency supply chain management for controlling a smallpox outbreak: the case for regional mass vaccination, International Journal of Systems Science: Operations & Logistics, special issue: Modelling and Simulation in Healthcare Systems.
- Dasaklis, T.K., & Pappis, C.P., 2013. Supply chain management in view of climate change: An overview of possible impacts and the road ahead. Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, 6(4), 1124-1138.
- Rachaniotis, N.P., Dasaklis, T.K., Pappis, C.P., 2012. A deterministic resource scheduling model in epidemic control: A case study. European Journal of Operational Research 216, 225-231.
- Κ. Dasaklis, N.P. Rachaniotis, C.P. Pappis, 2012, Epidemics’ Control and Logistics Operations: A review, International Journal of Production Economics, special issue: Models for Compassionate Operations.
- P. Rachaniotis, C.P. Pappis, G.T. Tsoulfas, T.Κ. Dasaklis, 2009, A bi-objective re-assembling policy model and its implementation in a case of personal computers, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, 59 (1), pp. 391-398.
1.2 Papers in Collective Volumes
- Costas Pappis, Constantinos Siettos, Thomas Dasaklis, 2013, Chapter 10. Fuzzy Sets, Systems and Applications, in Third edition (3/e) of the Encyclopedia of Operations Research and Management Science (E/ORMS) (editors: Saul I. Gass and Michael Fu), Springer-Verlag.
- P. Rachaniotis, T.K Dasaklis, C.P. Pappis, L.N. van Wassenhove, 2013, Multiple location and routing models in humanitarian logistics, Edited book: Humanitarian & Relief logistics: Research issues, case studies and future trends, published by Springer under the Series Operations Research/ Computer Science (ORCS).
1.3 Papers published in proceedings of international conferences
- K. Dasaklis and C.P. Pappis, 2014, Factors driving operational success for controlling infectious disease outbreaks in humanitarian emergencies: the case of cholera, Eighteenth International Working Seminar on Production Economics, February 24-28, Innsbruck, Austria.
- K. Dasaklis, N.P. Rachaniotis, C.P. Pappis, 2013, A multi-commodity, multi-period logistics network approach for controlling an epidemic’s outbreak, 2013 International Symposium on Operational Research and Applications (ISORAP2013), May 08-10, Marrakech, Morocco.
- P. Rachaniotis, T.K. Dasaklis, C.P. Pappis, 2013, Economic crisis and non-profit healthcare services in Greece: locating wellness centers in a dense urban area, 2013 International Symposium on Operational Research and Applications (ISORAP2013), May 08-10, Marrakech, Morocco.
- P. Pappis and T.K. Dasaklis, 2013, Operations coordination for epidemics containment in complex emergency systems, 2013 International Symposium on Operational Research and Applications (ISORAP2013), May 08-10, Marrakech, Morocco.
- C.P. Pappis, T.K. Dasaklis, N. Karacapilidis, 2010, Integrating climate change considerations into supply chain management, International Conference on Value Chain Sustainability 2010 (ICOVACS), November 15-17, Valencia, Spain.
- P. Pappis, N.P. Rachaniotis, T.K. Dasaklis, 2009, A deterministic resource scheduling model in epidemic logistics, 4th Multidisciplinary International Scheduling Conference-MISTA, 10-12 August, Dublin, Ireland, 570-580.
- K. Dasaklis, G.T. Tsoulfas, C.P. Pappis, 2007, Synthesis of environmental and economic criteria for the appraisal of alternative supply chains scenarios: a case study, Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Environmental Management, Engineering, Planning and Economics (CEMEPE), June 24-28, Skiathos, Greece: 2347-2352, ISBN 978-960-89818-1-2.
- T. Tsoulfas, T.K. Dasaklis, C.P. Pappis, 2007, Identifying success factors for reverse logistic activities, Proceedings of International ECO-X Conference, May 9-11, Vienna, Austria, 39-46, ISBN 978-3-200-00920-2.
- G.T. Tsoulfas, C.P. Pappis, T.K. Dasaklis, 2006, Enhancing the contribution of Life Cycle Interpretation to environmental analysis and decision making, Proceedings of 12th Annual International Sustainable Development Research Conference, April 6-8, 2006, Hong Kong, ISBN 962-7589-27-6.
Xanthippi Giannouzi is a marketing and communication specialist with a 15-year proven tracked record in the fields of marketing and communication. She has been employed in private companies (Intrasoft Intl., Cencydiam-Synovate, MCOM, Greek Geeks) and her responsibilities involved branding, quantitative surveys, internal communication, pr, sales support, etc and in academic institutions (European University, BCA College, Mediterranean College, AKMI) as a marketing and management lecturer and final assignments supervisor at both graduate and postgraduate level.
Since late 2015, when she graduated the Public Centre for Public Administration, she has been employed at Tax Compliance Directorate, a unit of Tax Administration (Independent Authority for Public Revenue). She mainly holds responsibility for citizen surveys, data analysis and visualization, reports and graphs and she is a member of the TAXEDU project team under European Commission, regarding the production and distribution of tax education material. Her academic background lies in the fields of Communication (Degree in Communication and Mass Media, MSc in Political Science and New Technologies – University of Athens) and in Marketing (Certificate and Diploma – Chartered
Institute of Marketing). She is a fluent user of English and French (Proficiency Cambridge, Sorbonne II) and a professional user of MS Office Pro, Statistics, Graph Design and Google Tools.
Archontoula Armoutaki is a Ph.D. candidate at the Department of Economics at University of Piraeus in Greece. She has been sponsored by the Karelia Foundation for her doctoral dissertation. Her thesis focuses on the economic and social effects of tobacco taxation in Greece. Archontoula has obtained a Master degree from University of Piraeus in Economic and Business Strategy and a Diploma of Marketing and Communication from Athens University of Economics and Business.
Since 2012 she has been working as an auditor in the Attica Customs Audit Office in Greece. The main task of the current position is the compliance control of Greek companies regarding its export and import procedures.
Dimitra Balaska works in the 1st Health Region of Attica, at the Human-Resources Department Unit for Health and Social Solidarity Services. She has been working for more than 10 years in the public sector, firstly as a Health Visitor at the Mother, Child & Adolescent Protection Center, then as an administrator in the staff office and for the time being in the 1st Health Region of Attica, by decision of the Commander. Positioned in the 1st Health Region of Attica firstly she dealt with broader administrative issues concerning doctors of Primary Health Care, after that she staffed the Department of Auxiliary doctors in Attica, and now she has as main object the Medical Recruitment Councils, with areas of responsibility: Attica, Piraeus and the islands of the Aegean.
Also, she is the chairman of the selection committee of crisis and recruitment of doctors for the 1st and 2nd Health Regions. She has also worked in a pharmaceutical company as a medical consultant and as a professor of dietetics in a Public vocational training institute and as a dietician as well. When she was a student she worked as a dance teacher, as a secretary of insurance consultant, as a secretary in a doctor’s office and as a timeshare saleswoman.
She holds three Degrees (Health Visitor, Nutrition – Dietetics and Business Administration), two Masters (Health Unit Administration and Public Administration), and now she is a PhD student at the University of Piraeus on the subject Health Economics. She has also been trained on subjects such as: Clinical Dietetics, Eating Disorders, Enterprise Restructuring Strategy, Human Resource Development, Public Relations, Economic Analysis, Quality Management System, Geographic Information System and Pedagogical and Didactic Competencies.
Dimitra has over 120 participations in international and Greek conferences as a speaker. Also she is the author of e-posters mainly on healthcare administration issues. She has also published 10 papers in scientific journals, has been a columnist on Mednutrition, and has participated in the scientific Group “nutritional intervention in students of primary and secondary education of the prefecture of Lasithi”. Finally, she has discovered with her professors Mr. Z. Fthenaki and V. Zafiropoulos the equation used by Futrex-6100XL to detect the percentage of body fat.
Dr. Michail Angelopoulos since 2014 is Head of Planning & Financial Section at Research Center of Public Power Corporation SA (GR). The previous position in the Enterprise was Head of Research Section from 2008 – 2014. Prior was Chairman of the Board at Greek Observatory for the Information Society, and President at Prefecture Enterprise of Athens. Michail Angelopoulos was adjunct professor for operational research at Hellenic Air Force Academy, and for several years was teaching computer programming at General Mathematical Department of Technological Education Institute of Piraeus (GR).
He holds a Degree in Mathematics and a MSc in Computer Science & Operational Research from University of Athens (GR). Additionally, he holds a MSc in Manufacturing: Management & Technology from The Open University (UK), a MBA from Hellenic Open University (GR), a Professional Certificate of Data Science for Executives from Columbia University (USA), and a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate from PMI Institute (USA).
Michail Angelopoulos since 2020 is Doctor of Philosophy at University of Piraeus, Department of Economics (GR).
- Angelopoulos, Michail and Pollalis, Yannis (2020). “Use of open data as a tool for successful lean management in public services: evidence from Greece”, Journal of Economics and Business (SPOUDAI), Vol.1-2 (8)
- Grammatikis, P.R., Sarigiannidis, P., Iturbe, E., Rios. E., Sarigiannidis, A., Ioannidis, D., Machamint, V., Angelopoulos, M., Ramos F. (2020). “Secure and Private Smart Grid: The Spear Architecture”, Paper Conference, 6th IEEE International Conference on Network Softwarization (NetSoft2020), 2nd International Workshop on Cyber-Security Threats, Trust and Privacy Management in Software-defined and Virtualized Infrastructures (SecSoft), Ghent, Belgium.
- Angelopoulos, Michail and Pollalis, Yannis (2019).”Critical Success Factors of Lean Management in Public Sector: Evidence from Greece”, International Journal of Management and Applied Science (IJMAS), Volume-5, Issue-10, pp12-18, DOI: IJMAS-IRAJ-DOI-16454
- Angelopoulos, M.K., Kontakou, C.A. Pollalis, Y.A. (2019). “Lean management through digital transformation: Challenges and opportunities for the energy and public utilities industry”. Journal of Advanced Research in Management, Volume X, Winter, 2(20):57-69. DOI:10.14505/jarm.v10.2(20).01
- Efstathopoulos, G, Grammatikis, P.R., Sarigiannidis, P., Argyriou, V., Sarigiannidis, A., Angelopoulos M. K. (2019). “Operational Data Based Intrusion Detection System for Smart Grid”, Paper Conference (Best Award), IEEE 24th International Workshop on Computer Aided Modeling and Design of Commmunication Links and Networks (CAMAD), Cyprus. Publisher:IEEE, DOI:10.1109/CAMAD.2019.8858503
- Angelopoulos, Michail and Pollalis, Yannis (2017). “The Activity Based Costing application as a tool in supporting a Greek Public Company’s transition to a Lean Company”,Munich Personal RePEc Archive, Germany.
- Angelopoulos, Michail and Pollalis, Yannis (2017).“Using KPIs and ABC costing system results during a Lean transformation to a Greek Public Company”, Munich Personal RePEc Archive, Germany.
- Μ. P. Saltouros, M.Theologou, M. K. Angelopoulos, Ch. S. Ricoudis (1999), “An Efficient Evolutionary Algorithm for (Near)-Optimal Steiner Trees Calculation: an Approach to Routing of Multipoint Connections”, in Proceeding of 3rd International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Multimedia Applications (3rd ICCIMA ’99), New Delhi, India.
- Μ. K Αγγελόπουλος (1996).“Ανταγωνιστικά Ευρωπαϊκά Προγράμματα Τα χαρακτηριστικά μιας επιτυχημένης πρότασης”, Συνέδριο Τεχνολογία και Αυτοματισμός, Πρακτικά συνεδρίου σελ. 192-195,ΤΕΙ ΠΕΙΡΑΙΑ, 9-10 Μαΐου 1996.
Zacharias Dermatis (1975-) holds a PhD in Health Informatics. He is also a member of the Workshops for Sustainable Development and Entrepreneurship of Digital Health and Health Economics Applications (DigiTHEA Lab) of the University of Peloponnese.
He holds a postgraduate degree in Theoretical Computer Science of the Department of Informatics and Telecommunications of the University of Peloponnese. He is a graduate of the School of Electrical Engineering of Piraeus Higher Technological Education Institute.
Zacharias Dermatis has extensive experience in e-learning software (eclass, moodle and big blue button) and entrepreneurship. Through his research he has gained experience in the following areas: Health Information Systems, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications in Health and Tourism, Databases, Data Digitization, Statistical Analysis and Electronic Questionnaires.
He has published five book chapters, thirteen journal articles and more than fifty conference papers, and made presentations at many International, European and Greek conferences. Z. Dermatis is on the editorial board of The Journal of Clinical and Medical Science. Among others, he has won (with Prof. Panagiotis Liargovas) the 1rd Prize of the 10th International Conference for Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Regional Development (ICEIRD 2017).
Zacharias Dermatis is a member of the teaching staff in the Department of Economics, University of Peloponnese.
Governance, Risk & Internal Audit Services CEO, PhD (c), MSc, CICA, CCS
Mr. Irodis-Andreas Rodakos is CEO of KnR Governance, Risk Management, Compliance and Internal Audit Services. He is certified by the Institute of Internal Audit IIC (CICA) (CCS), and a holder of a degree in Economics from Piraeus University of Economics. He also holds a postgraduate degree (MSc) in Business and Economic Strategy from the Piraeus University of Economics and he is currently a PhD candidate in Auditing and Economics at Piraeus University of Economics (Internal Audit and Corporate Governance).
He is also a member of the Auditors Registry for Public Utility Organizations of Hellenic Ministry of Finance and he has worked as an internal auditor in a number of Public and Private Health Units, such as the Onassis Heart Foundation, the General Hospital of Karditsa, the Volos General Hospital, the Pamakaristos Hospital, the General Hospital of Laconia, the General Hospital of Ioannina, the General Hospital of Chania, the University Hospital of Patras and the General Hospital of Ioannina and the General Hospital Laiko of Athens. Finally, he has served as the Internal Auditor in the Public Utility “Organization of Central Markets and Fisheries” and the Port Authority of Patras.
Mr. Irodis-Andreas Rodakos has served as Internal Auditor Manager Level in MAZARS for 6 years, plus he had worked for 5 years as Financial Controller in A.M.T.A & Co. firm, which is specialized in conducting private and public projects, gaining extensive experience in audits of Financial Transactions as well as in Management Accounting.
What is more, he has an extensive audit experience in the fields of audit and consulting services, from his participation in internal audit projects in a large number of companies from an extended variety of economic sectors and more precisely from Banking, Maritime, Pharmaceutical and Public Utilities sectors.
He has participated in construction, development and fulfilment in high level projects concerning: Frameworks of Corporate Governance, Internal Operation Regulations, Policies and Procedures, Assessments of Internal Audit Services as well as specific controls, including Management Control, Operational Control, Physical Security Audits and Inspections for Loss Prevention & Fraud.
Also, Mr. Rodakos has participated in Project Management works as a member of regular audits and advisory services to national as well as to multinational companies listed on the stock exchange or not, as well as to public sector bodies or institutions. In addition, he has been in charge of internal audit services in more than thirty public bodies.
Expertise in Internal Auditing
Mr. Irodis-Andreas Rodakos has great experience in internal auditing processes and expertise in conducting auditing tests in all domains of internal auditing in the whole frame of transactions circles, such us: benefits, suppliers, sales, trading, inventories, costing, human resources, accounting, electronic systems, corporate governance.
Moreover, he has an extensive audit experience in evaluating the competence and the effectiveness of systems of internal auditing in order to track and to prevent of fraud, asset preservation and compliance with laws and regulations. His expertise includes also securing Business Ethics and conflict of interest at all levels of business, mainly in companies from Marine, Pharmaceutical and Frozen Food Sector.
Mr. Rodakos until so far has been responsible for the communication with the Directors of companies, in the Board of Governors of which he had submit the audit reports, presenting all the findings concerning deficiencies or irregularities in the internal control system and presenting provisions of advice on risk management.
Education & Training
- Certified Auditor in Internal Control Systems by the Institute of Internal Audit IIC (CCS)
- Certified Internal Controls Auditor (CICA)
- Member of the Auditors Registry for Public Utility Organizations of Hellenic Ministry of Finance
- PhD (candidate) in “Internal Control and Public Sector’s Corporate Governance” from the University of Piraeus
- MSc Degree in Business and Economic Strategy from the University of Piraeus
- BSc degree in Economics from the University of Piraeus
- ‘B’ class Greek Accounting & Tax License Holder by the Economic Chamber of Greece
- Certification in ECDL Progress
Participation in professional associations / organizations
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- Member of the Hellenic Institute of Internal Auditors (HIIA).
- Member of the Institute for Internal Controls (The IIC).
Ioannis Rematisios has more than 27 years of progressive experience in military and as civilian in NATO, driving change and process improvement, with commitment to lifelong learning and development and with a broad spectrum of interdisciplinary interests and expertise such as:
– Corporate Information Management & Process analysis
– Workflow Management / Business Process Improvement
– Project / Programme Data management and coordination
– Team collaboration and leadership
– Aviation logistics & maintenance. Aircraft engineering & helicopter visionics
– Science, Technology & Innovation
– European Studies and European culture analysis
– Business Administration
– Critical & analytical thinking
– Macro-environment analysis
Ioannis has obtained an MBA degree from HOU and Wroclaw University of Economics, with a thesis on the subject “External environment and critical factors that determine the defence investment on Science, Technology & Innovation within NATO. A multidisciplinary approach.” He has a Bachelor’s degree in European Culture Studies and a diploma in Military studies (NCO academy). Ioannis has also attended various managerial courses such as Management of Information Systems & Decision-Making Process and Strategic Future Analytics (University of Athens). He has worked in various information management positions in NATO Underwater Research Centre and NCI Agency. Currently working on project data management and coordination, within NATO Air & Missile Defence Command & Control (AMDC2) programme.
Ioannis speaks Greek (native) and English (Full professional proficiency) as well as Italian (level B2) and Spanish (level B2)
Recent publication: “Strategic Value of NATO’s Investment on Science, Technology & Innovation (STI): Management of Information and Knowledge as Intangible Assets”, Journal of Defence Resources Management, (JoDRM) Vol9, Issue 2 (17) / 2018
Eleni Poulimenea was born in 1990 in Athens. She holds a degree in Computer Science from the University of Piraeus and a Master in Economic and Business Strategy. She currently works on her PhD with focus on the Economic Impact of Customer Experience Strategy.
Eleni has a demonstrated history in the IT industry changing roles and positions. She is a passionate technologist at heart, as she started her career in Software Development for Airline Industry and then she moved to ERP/CRM implementations for the SMB.
Eleni currently works for Genesys Telecommunications as a Solutions Consultant covering Greece, Balkans and Israeli Enterprise Market. She is responsible for working closely with her clients to accelerate deliverables and drive business outcomes. The success comes from connecting the employee and customer conversations on any channel, every day at the right time. Eleni is Skilled in Business Analysis, Analytics, Process Automation, Workforce Management, Digital Transformation and Customer Engagement. She has a track record in building high value solutions, thrives in leading cross-functional strategic initiatives, and is passionate about storytelling.
Also, she is active member of the Women in Technology ( GWIT ) group and Activist for women in the Tech Industry.
” Passionate of spreading knowledge through Public Speaking & Faithful believer in the Women Empowerment’
Efstathia Papathanasi is a marketing and sales professional with experience and ability to execute custom marketing plans. Results driven and always focused on the latest digital marketing techniques that enhances sales has a current professional position in a leading industrial and commercial consumer product company with dominant local and international presence. The responsibility spans from developing innovating products to market growth of professional and private label products. The academic background is in architectural engineering from the University of Thessaly (B.A.Sc, M.A.Sc) and has also received a Master of Business Administration (MBA) at the University of Kent, UK. The research during the MBA studies was towards the digital disruption and transformation. During dissertation, there was an assessment of top digital applications in UK and Greece, giving proposals regarding efficiency improvement, more personalized formats and tailored experiences for customers.
Has received as a co-author a patent issued by the National Industrial Organization of Greece, with title Autonomous Portable water distiller operating with solar energy. Having recognized the need for safe drinking water a stand-alone device was patented to be used without maintenance requirements in any remote region with high social impact.
Her vision is to promote in the local industry innovation, quality and digital reform as the only secure way to achieving competitiveness, sustainability and growth of the Greek economy.
Zoi Patergiannaki is a Social Scientist, Activist and Entrepreneur. Born in 1995 in Athens, she graduated from Democritus University of Thrace with a BSc in Social Policy in 2017. She holds an MSc in Management from the University of Nottingham and is currently pursuing her PhD in the Department of Economics of the University of Piraeus. She started her research activity before finishing her undergraduate studies.
Professionally, she has worked in teams of Grant Writers and Consultants, designing, preparing and coordinating EU Funding applications. In April 2019, she decided to start her own R&D company, IMBC- Innovation Means Be Creative, in order to develop projects about culture, education and research in social and economic sciences.
As a student, she was a volunteer of the Young European Federalists and she was elected Member of the Local Board of Komotini and later on she was elected as Secretary General of the National Board. Also, she is a member of the Hellenic Association of Political Scientist. During her volunteer action, she has undertaken the design, and the management of many events attended by up to 150 participants.
Her area of interest includes Business Strategy & Strategic Leadership, Corporate Social Responsibility & Social Economy, and Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
• Awarded from Hellenic Association of Political Scientists “Awards of HAPSc and Secretary-General Panagopoulou” as the best bachelor’s thesis of HAPSc’s member.
• Recipient of Nottingham University Business School Scholarship.
• Admitted to the Democritus University of Thrace 1st in rank.
Regional Director EMEA, Batôn Global
Christianna currently serves as Regional Director EMEA for Bâton Global, a research driven strategy and innovation advisory firm. This includes serving as an advisor and consultant to private and public sector organizations, supporting them with the development and execution of their global strategies. Throughout her extensive international career, Christianna has held a variety of leadership roles that include development and management of international concepts, brands, projects and teams, across multicultural markets, specifically across the Middle East and Africa, Europe, Southeast Asia and the USA.
Concurrent to her leadership role at Bâton Global, Christianna is also an active entrepreneur and frequent moderator at finance, human capital, leadership and corporate responsibility events globally. Christianna has been a resident of the UAE for the last 15 years and is heavily involved in projects that give back to the local communities through her active role as the UAE Chapter Chair for “Educate Girls Globally (EGG), active member of the “Growing Leaders Foundation”, and a very extensive and active Corporate Social Responsibility background in both the Middle East and Europe.
Olga Tsatsani is a PhD candidate in the field of Digital Transformation & Development Process focused on the User Neurocognitive Modelling at the Department of Economic, University of Piraeus. She is a Licensed Psychologist, graduated from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens with a BSc in Psychology in 2013. She holds two MSc Diplomas, namely MSc Cognitive Neuroscience and MSc Clinical Research in Psychology from the Erasmus University of Rotterdam, the Netherlands. In 2015, she received a Certification of Applied and Multivariate Data Analysis from the Utrecht University, the Netherlands. She has a strong passion for UX, e-Commerce technology and an extensive experience in multi-cultural international working environments.
She is a member of the Hellenic Neuropsychological Society (HNPS) and a Research Associate at iLeads Laboratory. She has over 10 years of scientific experience in quantitative and qualitative research investigating the human factor in the disciplines of Behavioral Psychology and Applied Neuroscience. Together, she has worked in several B2B and B2C environments, such as Booking.com (Tourism Hospitality), Netflix (Home Entertainment Services), Wiley/ Atypon Systems (Global Scientific Publisher/ Online Publishing Platform & Web Development Tools) and currently at Linakis Digital, (Global Digital Agency), focused on the Market and User Experience Research.
During her postgraduate studies, she worked as a Project Researcher at the Erasmus Behavioral Lab (EBL), studying the human Emotional Regulation and Cognitive Control towards Emotional Stimuli with EEG/MEG applications, from which she obtained her Research Internship and, in turn, her Master Thesis. During her graduate studies, her Bachelor Thesis was oriented towards the human Cognitive Mechanisms’ Development, investigating the external/internal disruptions in Sustained Attention and Working Memory of healthy individuals.
She performed an active voluntary activity for over 10 years in healthcare and reintegration units both in Greece and in the Netherlands, requiring her ownership in running research projects and participation in digital therapeutic interventions (high-quality softwares, digital applications, online platforms etc.). Clinical Populations: Patients suffering from neurodegenerative disorders (i.e. Alzheimer’s / Parkinson’s Disease, etc.), drug addiction, and/or individuals with special needs, autistic spectrum and/or syndromes.
She speaks Greek (native), English (full professional proficiency), German (level C1) and Dutch (level A2)
Her areas of expertise involve, among others, Discovery Workshops, Business Vision Mapping, UX Auditing, User Modelling & Testing, Market Inspection, Web-Analytics, Content Management Processes, Personalization Methodologies, Digital Innovation across devices as well as User-friendly Information Architectures. Industries: Online Banking Insurance Services, Non-Profit / Cultural / Educational / Ecommerce Organizations, Tourism and Hospitality.
Her scientific interests involve the Human-Computer Interaction, the Digital Development Process, Users’ Neurocognitive Modelling and Embodiment.
Symeon Sidiropoulos is a Political Scientist. He is a PhD candidate in International Health Economics and Policies. He holds a B.A. on the International and European Studies. He continued his studies in the field of comparative politics and holds an M.Sc. upon the field of Environment and Health.
He is a member of the Academic Council for the U.N. System. He is a scientific associate of the Laboratory of Health Economics and Management of the Uni.Pi.. He is currently working for projects in the field of the pharmaceutical industry (Specifar S.A. etc).
Among the others, he has worked for the Hellenic Parliament, Municipality of Ilida and for the Ministry of Economy as a special advisor. He has been also hired from Consulting Companies (KANTOR S.A. etc) for European Programs. In 2008, Mr. Sidiropoulos founded the Scientific Association of Young Political Scientists. Since 2015, he is the President of the Hellenic Association of Political Scientists (H.A.P.Sc. – www.hapsc.org).