Emmanouil ChoustoulakisiLEADS IT Infrastructure Administrator
Thomas DasaklisPost Doc Researcher
Michail AngelopoulosPost Doc Researcher
Emmanouil Choustoulakis is an Adjunct Academic Staff in the Department of Economic Science at the University of Piraeus. Also, he serves as an Adjunct Academic Staff in the Faculty of Social Sciences at the Hellenic Open University, where he teaches in the Pedagogy and Teaching Competence Program. Also, he serves as an Adjunct Academic Staff in the Pedagogical Training Program (EPPAIK) at the School of Pedagogical and Technological Education (ASPETE).
He has also served as an Adjunct Academic Staff in the Department of Sports Management at the University of Peloponnese. He has been a PostDoc Researcher at the University of Peloponnese for two years. He received his PhD in Economics of Education and Digital Technologies at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens. He received also an MSc in Digital Educational Technologies and Digital Systems at the University of Piraeus. He received a Bachelor in Economics (BEcon) at the University of Piraeus.
He has authored and co-authored more than 40 research papers in international scientific journals, and conference proceedings, and also 2 books. He has participated in several short and long term research projects, where he utilized advanced statistical models, thus acquiring strong expertise in the latest research techniques and methodologies. He is member of international scientific committees, and also a reviewer in international scientific journals and conferences. His research interests span on Economics of Education, ICT and Digital Transformation in Education, Technology Adoption and Diffusion, Organizational Behavior, Mathematical Methods in Economics, and Quality Management in Education.
Very early, he realized the central role of digital technologies in the disruption of traditional learning and instructional models, and because of his personal and particular interest in them, Emmanouil built skills in strategic management of information systems, web development, digital marketing and branding of social media, information and knowledge management, etc. and focused his efforts on communicating and raising awareness on the digital transformation of modern Education in Economics, Mathematics, and Management.
ICT & RESEARCH SKILLS
- Excellent computer knowledge in all operating systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office package: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint , Outlook, InfoPath, Visio
- Fluency in Internet and e-mail appications
- Excellent processing knowledge and statistical data analysis with statistical packages (SPSS, Statistica, StatGraphics). I have carried out a vast amount of statistical surveys and research projects. More analytically:
- statistical analyses using advanced statistical models
- processing of statistical data, statistical results presentation, research findings and recommendations for researchers published in international and nationwide conferences relating to computing and ICT in Education
- research design and methodological guidance for Doctoral Dissertations, Master Theses, Undergraduate Studies, educational programs of undergraduate and graduate level
- data collection, indexing and processing data for the fulfilment of marketing research for financial products, business plans, marketing plans, cost-effectiveness analyses, cost-benefit analyses, economic and technical studies, feasibility analyses of private sector companies
- Technology integration & ICT consultant, digital strategy and e-marketing developer for private organizations.
- Professor of courses such as “Management Information Systems”, “Network Security”, “E-Commerce”, “Statistical Methods for Social Sciences”, “Databases”, “Data Communications”, “E-Learning Development Applications”, “Financial Mathematics”, “Marketing Management”, “Strategic Leadership & Business Policy”, “Economics of Education”, “Macroeconomics”.
- E-learning Development Coordinator, in the digital technology company “StartNet”.
- Academic research associate, in topics relating to Research Methodology and Statistical Analysis of Economy and Information Technology Projects.
- Trainee Product Manager for the engineering company “ERTEKA SA”, where I worked as a responsible officer for the integration of research and development programs
Dr. Thomas Dasaklis graduated from the University of Piraeus, Department of Industrial Management and Technology. He holds a M.Sc. degree in supply chain management and a Ph.D. degree in healthcare management and disaster response. His research interests lie in the area of supply chain management, operational research, humanitarian logistics/disaster response, data analysis and blockchain technology. He has participated in National and European Research projects and has published papers in several international journals and conference proceedings. He has worked for the European Commission (DG Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection) and the University of Piraeus Research Centre. He has also worked in the private sector for three years as supply chain director. He is Adjunct Academic Staff at the Hellenic Open University. He is also seasonal lecturer at the Department of Industrial Management and Technology and the Department of Informatics, University of Piraeus.
Selected research projects
- February 2018 – present: Researcher in the project «Social Protection Innovative Investment in Long Term
- January 2018 – present: Researcher in the project «Partnership against violent radicalization in the cities – PRACTICIES»
- January 2018 – present: Researcher in the project «Online Privacy Enforcement, Rights Assurance and Optimization-OPERANDO»
- January – February 2018: Researcher in the project «Scalable Multidimensional Situation Awareness Solution for Protecting European Ports-SAURON»
- January 2018 – present: Researcher in the project «Terabit/s Wireless Connectivity by TeraHertz innovative technologies to deliver Optical Network Quality of Experience in Systems beyond 5G-TERRANOVA»
- September 2010 – May 2015: Researcher in the project «Emergency Supply Chain Management for controlling infectious disease outbreaks»
- March 2004 – December 2007: Researcher in the project «Development of advanced methods of Environmental Analysis and applications in Supply Chains»
1.1 Papers published in international journals
- P. Rachaniotis, T.Κ. Dasaklis, C.P. Pappis, 2017. Controlling infectious disease outbreaks: A deterministic allocation-scheduling model with multiple discrete resources, Journal of Systems Science and Systems Engineering, Volume 26, Issue 2, pp 219–239.
- Κ. Dasaklis, C.P. Pappis, 2017. Critical success factors for implementing cholera vaccination campaigns in humanitarian emergencies: a DEMATEL-based approach, EURO Journal on Decision Processes, pp 1–20.
- Κ. Dasaklis, N.P. Rachaniotis, C.P. Pappis, 2016. Emergency supply chain management for controlling a smallpox outbreak: the case for regional mass vaccination, International Journal of Systems Science: Operations & Logistics, special issue: Modelling and Simulation in Healthcare Systems.
- Dasaklis, T.K., & Pappis, C.P., 2013. Supply chain management in view of climate change: An overview of possible impacts and the road ahead. Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, 6(4), 1124-1138.
- Rachaniotis, N.P., Dasaklis, T.K., Pappis, C.P., 2012. A deterministic resource scheduling model in epidemic control: A case study. European Journal of Operational Research 216, 225-231.
- Κ. Dasaklis, N.P. Rachaniotis, C.P. Pappis, 2012, Epidemics’ Control and Logistics Operations: A review, International Journal of Production Economics, special issue: Models for Compassionate Operations.
- P. Rachaniotis, C.P. Pappis, G.T. Tsoulfas, T.Κ. Dasaklis, 2009, A bi-objective re-assembling policy model and its implementation in a case of personal computers, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, 59 (1), pp. 391-398.
1.2 Papers in Collective Volumes
- Costas Pappis, Constantinos Siettos, Thomas Dasaklis, 2013, Chapter 10. Fuzzy Sets, Systems and Applications, in Third edition (3/e) of the Encyclopedia of Operations Research and Management Science (E/ORMS) (editors: Saul I. Gass and Michael Fu), Springer-Verlag.
- P. Rachaniotis, T.K Dasaklis, C.P. Pappis, L.N. van Wassenhove, 2013, Multiple location and routing models in humanitarian logistics, Edited book: Humanitarian & Relief logistics: Research issues, case studies and future trends, published by Springer under the Series Operations Research/ Computer Science (ORCS).
1.3 Papers published in proceedings of international conferences
- K. Dasaklis and C.P. Pappis, 2014, Factors driving operational success for controlling infectious disease outbreaks in humanitarian emergencies: the case of cholera, Eighteenth International Working Seminar on Production Economics, February 24-28, Innsbruck, Austria.
- K. Dasaklis, N.P. Rachaniotis, C.P. Pappis, 2013, A multi-commodity, multi-period logistics network approach for controlling an epidemic’s outbreak, 2013 International Symposium on Operational Research and Applications (ISORAP2013), May 08-10, Marrakech, Morocco.
- P. Rachaniotis, T.K. Dasaklis, C.P. Pappis, 2013, Economic crisis and non-profit healthcare services in Greece: locating wellness centers in a dense urban area, 2013 International Symposium on Operational Research and Applications (ISORAP2013), May 08-10, Marrakech, Morocco.
- P. Pappis and T.K. Dasaklis, 2013, Operations coordination for epidemics containment in complex emergency systems, 2013 International Symposium on Operational Research and Applications (ISORAP2013), May 08-10, Marrakech, Morocco.
- C.P. Pappis, T.K. Dasaklis, N. Karacapilidis, 2010, Integrating climate change considerations into supply chain management, International Conference on Value Chain Sustainability 2010 (ICOVACS), November 15-17, Valencia, Spain.
- P. Pappis, N.P. Rachaniotis, T.K. Dasaklis, 2009, A deterministic resource scheduling model in epidemic logistics, 4th Multidisciplinary International Scheduling Conference-MISTA, 10-12 August, Dublin, Ireland, 570-580.
- K. Dasaklis, G.T. Tsoulfas, C.P. Pappis, 2007, Synthesis of environmental and economic criteria for the appraisal of alternative supply chains scenarios: a case study, Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Environmental Management, Engineering, Planning and Economics (CEMEPE), June 24-28, Skiathos, Greece: 2347-2352, ISBN 978-960-89818-1-2.
- T. Tsoulfas, T.K. Dasaklis, C.P. Pappis, 2007, Identifying success factors for reverse logistic activities, Proceedings of International ECO-X Conference, May 9-11, Vienna, Austria, 39-46, ISBN 978-3-200-00920-2.
- G.T. Tsoulfas, C.P. Pappis, T.K. Dasaklis, 2006, Enhancing the contribution of Life Cycle Interpretation to environmental analysis and decision making, Proceedings of 12th Annual International Sustainable Development Research Conference, April 6-8, 2006, Hong Kong, ISBN 962-7589-27-6.
Dr. Michail Angelopoulos since 2014 is Head of Planning & Financial Section at Research Center of Public Power Corporation SA (GR). The previous position in the Enterprise was Head of Research Section from 2008 – 2014. Prior was Chairman of the Board at Greek Observatory for the Information Society, and President at Prefecture Enterprise of Athens. Michail Angelopoulos was adjunct professor for operational research at Hellenic Air Force Academy, and for several years was teaching computer programming at General Mathematical Department of Technological Education Institute of Piraeus (GR).
He holds a Degree in Mathematics and a MSc in Computer Science & Operational Research from University of Athens (GR). Additionally, he holds a MSc in Manufacturing: Management & Technology from The Open University (UK), a MBA from Hellenic Open University (GR), a Professional Certificate of Data Science for Executives from Columbia University (USA), and a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate from PMI Institute (USA).
Michail Angelopoulos since 2020 is Doctor of Philosophy at University of Piraeus, Department of Economics (GR).
- Angelopoulos, Michail and Pollalis, Yannis (2020). “Use of open data as a tool for successful lean management in public services: evidence from Greece”, Journal of Economics and Business (SPOUDAI), Vol.1-2 (8)
- Grammatikis, P.R., Sarigiannidis, P., Iturbe, E., Rios. E., Sarigiannidis, A., Ioannidis, D., Machamint, V., Angelopoulos, M., Ramos F. (2020). “Secure and Private Smart Grid: The Spear Architecture”, Paper Conference, 6th IEEE International Conference on Network Softwarization (NetSoft2020), 2nd International Workshop on Cyber-Security Threats, Trust and Privacy Management in Software-defined and Virtualized Infrastructures (SecSoft), Ghent, Belgium.
- Angelopoulos, Michail and Pollalis, Yannis (2019).”Critical Success Factors of Lean Management in Public Sector: Evidence from Greece”, International Journal of Management and Applied Science (IJMAS), Volume-5, Issue-10, pp12-18, DOI: IJMAS-IRAJ-DOI-16454
- Angelopoulos, M.K., Kontakou, C.A. Pollalis, Y.A. (2019). “Lean management through digital transformation: Challenges and opportunities for the energy and public utilities industry”. Journal of Advanced Research in Management, Volume X, Winter, 2(20):57-69. DOI:10.14505/jarm.v10.2(20).01
- Efstathopoulos, G, Grammatikis, P.R., Sarigiannidis, P., Argyriou, V., Sarigiannidis, A., Angelopoulos M. K. (2019). “Operational Data Based Intrusion Detection System for Smart Grid”, Paper Conference (Best Award), IEEE 24th International Workshop on Computer Aided Modeling and Design of Commmunication Links and Networks (CAMAD), Cyprus. Publisher:IEEE, DOI:10.1109/CAMAD.2019.8858503
- Angelopoulos, Michail and Pollalis, Yannis (2017). “The Activity Based Costing application as a tool in supporting a Greek Public Company’s transition to a Lean Company”,Munich Personal RePEc Archive, Germany.
- Angelopoulos, Michail and Pollalis, Yannis (2017).“Using KPIs and ABC costing system results during a Lean transformation to a Greek Public Company”, Munich Personal RePEc Archive, Germany.
- Μ. P. Saltouros, M.Theologou, M. K. Angelopoulos, Ch. S. Ricoudis (1999), “An Efficient Evolutionary Algorithm for (Near)-Optimal Steiner Trees Calculation: an Approach to Routing of Multipoint Connections”, in Proceeding of 3rd International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Multimedia Applications (3rd ICCIMA ’99), New Delhi, India.
- Μ. K Αγγελόπουλος (1996).“Ανταγωνιστικά Ευρωπαϊκά Προγράμματα Τα χαρακτηριστικά μιας επιτυχημένης πρότασης”, Συνέδριο Τεχνολογία και Αυτοματισμός, Πρακτικά συνεδρίου σελ. 192-195,ΤΕΙ ΠΕΙΡΑΙΑ, 9-10 Μαΐου 1996.