Emmanouil ChoustoulakisiLEADS Digital Content Senior Developer | Post Doc Researcher
Thomas DasaklisPost Doc Researcher
Adjunct Lecturer – Post Doctoral Researcher, Dep. of Sports Management, University of Peloponnese.
- Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Peloponnese, Department of Sports Management, in the field of Mathematical Economics.
- PhD, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, in the Sector of Informatics and Mathematics, Department of Primary Education. PhD thesis entitled “Cost-Effectiveness Analysis and the role of Information and Communication Technologies in improving the quality of Education“, Grade “Excellent”.
- MSc in Technology Education & Digital Systems with direction to “e-Learning”, University of Piraeus, Department of Digital Systems, Grade “Excellent”.
- B.Sc in Economics with direction to the “Strategic Management & Management Information Systems”, University of Piraeus, Department of Economic Science, Grade “Very Good”.
INDICATIVE PUBLICATIONS IN SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS AND CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
- Choustoulakis, E., Nikoloudakis, E. (2019). University Teachers Perceptions Towards the Adoption and Use of Educational Technologies in their Instruction: a Research Perspective, Proceedings of INTED2019 (13th Annual International Technology, Education, and Development Conference), Valencia, Spain: IATED.
- Nikoloudakis, E., Choustoulakis, E. (2019). Investigating First-Year University Students Difficulties in Understanding Core Mathematical and Economical Notions, Proceedings of INTED2019 (13th Annual International Technology, Education, and Development Conference), Valencia, Spain: IATED.
- Dimakos, G., Nikoloudakis, E., Ferentinos, S., & Choustoulakis, E., (2010).The role of examples in Cognitive Apprenticeship, Quaderni di Ricerca in Didattica Matematica (QRDM), Issue 20.
- Paraskeva, F., Misirlaki, S., & Choustoulakis, E. (2009).Designing Collaborative Learning Environments Using Educational Scenarios Based on Self-regulation, International Journal of Advanced Corporate Learning (iJAC), 2, No. 1 (2009), pp. 42-49, (ISSN: 1867-5565)
- Dimakos, G., Nikoloudakis, E., Ferentinos, S., & Choustoulakis, E. (2007).Developing a Proof-Writing Tool for Novice Lyceum Geometry Students, The Teaching of Mathematics, 10 (1), (ISSN: 1451-4966).
- Tavoulari, K., Paraskeva, F. & Choustoulakis, E. (2011). Using Cognitive Flexibility Theory as an instructional and collaborative model for teaching students in higher education. In T. Bastiaens & M. Ebner (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2011 (pp.2599-2604). Chesapeake,VA:AACE.
- Choustoulakis, E. & Nikoloudakis, E. (2011). Evaluating the Motivational Aspects of a Web-based Learning Environment for the Teaching of Middle School Geometry. In Proceedings of Global Learn Asia Pacific 2011 (pp. 803-808).
- Choustoulakis, E. & Nikoloudakis, E. (2011). Applying ARCS Model to Assess the Motivational Characteristics of a Web-based Course in Economic Education in Greece. In Proceedings of Global TIME 2011 (pp. 183-188).AACE.
- Nikoloudakis, E. & Choustoulakis, E. (2011).A strategy to improve novice students’ proof competence, Proceedings of the 35th Conference of the International Group for Psychology of Mathematics Education , PME, Ankara .
- Choustoulakis, E. & Dimakos, G. (2010).Measuring Motivational Characteristics of Courses in Economic Education: Applying ARCS Model to a Web-Based Course in Financial Mathematics, Proceedings of International Scientific Conference “The contribution of Information Technology to Science, Economy, Society and Education”, Piraeus, Greece, September 15-18, 2010.
- International Economics.
- Mathematical Economics.
- Sports Economics.
- Management and Marketing of NGO’s.
BOOKS AND CHAPTERS
- Member of the project “E2 group for the Technical Vocational Education”, where he coordinated the development of postgraduate training material for the trainees in the ICT field. Member of the authoring team of the training material (Users Manual, Teacher’s Instruction Manual).
- Nikoloudakis, E., Choustoulakis, E., (2002).Elements of Teaching Mathematics.
RESEARCH STUDIES AND MONOGRAPHS
- Extroversion of Greek enterprises: Trends, perspectives & Policy Measures.
- The Global Acquisitions and Merges of the Banking Sector.
- Analysis and Prospects of the Ultimate Credit Scoring Models.
- Innovative Investment Evaluation Methodologies.
MEMBERSHIP IN COMMITTEES
- Reviewer of scientific papers in periodical editions of AACE .
- Reviewer of the international scientific journal “Journal for the Research in Mathematics Education (JRME).
- Member of Editorial Board of “Astrolavos”, a Scientific Journal for the New Technologies, published by the Hellenic Mathematical Society.
- Member of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Member of the Association for the Advancement of Computing (AACE)
- Member of International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics in Education (PME)
- Member of the Hellenic Economic Chamber (OEE) since 2007.
- Private Sector Project Evaluator for the Computer and Info Society since 2008.
ICT & RESEARCH SKILLS
- Excellent computer knowledge in all operating systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office package: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint , Outlook, InfoPath, Visio
- Fluency in Internet and e-mail appications
- Excellent processing knowledge and statistical data analysis with statistical packages (SPSS, Statistica, StatGraphics). I have carried out a vast amount of statistical surveys and research projects. More analytically:
- statistical analyses using advanced statistical models
- processing of statistical data, statistical results presentation, research findings and recommendations for researchers published in international and nationwide conferences relating to computing and ICT in Education
- research design and methodological guidance for Doctoral Dissertations, Master Theses, Undergraduate Studies, educational programs of undergraduate and graduate level
- data collection, indexing and processing data for the fulfilment of marketing research for financial products, business plans, marketing plans, cost-effectiveness analyses, cost-benefit analyses, economic and technical studies, feasibility analyses of private sector companies
- Technology integration consultant, digital strategy and e-marketing developer for enterprises in the field of Education and Informatics.
- Professor of courses such as “Management Information Systems”, “Network Security”, “E-Commerce”, “Statistical Methods for Social Sciences”, “Databases”, “Data Communications”, “E-Learning Development Applications”, “Financial Mathematics”, “Marketing Management”, “Strategic Leadership & Business Policy”, “Economics of Education”, “Microeconomics”.
- E-learning Development Coordinator, in the digital technology company “StartNet”.
- Research associate of the University of Piraeus, in topics relating to Research Methodology and Statistical Analysis of Economy and Information Technology Projects.
- Trainee Product Manager for the engineering company “ERTEKA SA”, where I worked as a responsible officer for the integration of research and development programs.
PRIZES – DISTINCTIONS
- 1st prize in the contest held in the framework of the course “Introduction to the Marketing”, Department of Economic Science, University of Piraeus Department, 2002.
- Distinction in the National Astronomical Competition organized by the Hellenic Space and Astronomy Society, 1998.
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Very good knowledge of German
- Very good knowledge of Italian
Dr. Thomas Dasaklis graduated from the University of Piraeus, Department of Industrial Management and Technology. He holds a M.Sc. degree in supply chain management and a Ph.D. degree in healthcare management and disaster response. His research interests lie in the area of supply chain management, operational research, humanitarian logistics/disaster response, data analysis and blockchain technology. He has participated in National and European Research projects and has published papers in several international journals and conference proceedings. He has worked for the European Commission (DG Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection) and the University of Piraeus Research Centre. He has also worked in the private sector for three years as supply chain director. He is Adjunct Academic Staff at the Hellenic Open University. He is also seasonal lecturer at the Department of Industrial Management and Technology and the Department of Informatics, University of Piraeus.
Selected research projects
- February 2018 – present: Researcher in the project «Social Protection Innovative Investment in Long Term
- January 2018 – present: Researcher in the project «Partnership against violent radicalization in the cities – PRACTICIES»
- January 2018 – present: Researcher in the project «Online Privacy Enforcement, Rights Assurance and Optimization-OPERANDO»
- January – February 2018: Researcher in the project «Scalable Multidimensional Situation Awareness Solution for Protecting European Ports-SAURON»
- January 2018 – present: Researcher in the project «Terabit/s Wireless Connectivity by TeraHertz innovative technologies to deliver Optical Network Quality of Experience in Systems beyond 5G-TERRANOVA»
- September 2010 – May 2015: Researcher in the project «Emergency Supply Chain Management for controlling infectious disease outbreaks»
- March 2004 – December 2007: Researcher in the project «Development of advanced methods of Environmental Analysis and applications in Supply Chains»
1.1 Papers published in international journals
- P. Rachaniotis, T.Κ. Dasaklis, C.P. Pappis, 2017. Controlling infectious disease outbreaks: A deterministic allocation-scheduling model with multiple discrete resources, Journal of Systems Science and Systems Engineering, Volume 26, Issue 2, pp 219–239.
- Κ. Dasaklis, C.P. Pappis, 2017. Critical success factors for implementing cholera vaccination campaigns in humanitarian emergencies: a DEMATEL-based approach, EURO Journal on Decision Processes, pp 1–20.
- Κ. Dasaklis, N.P. Rachaniotis, C.P. Pappis, 2016. Emergency supply chain management for controlling a smallpox outbreak: the case for regional mass vaccination, International Journal of Systems Science: Operations & Logistics, special issue: Modelling and Simulation in Healthcare Systems.
- Dasaklis, T.K., & Pappis, C.P., 2013. Supply chain management in view of climate change: An overview of possible impacts and the road ahead. Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, 6(4), 1124-1138.
- Rachaniotis, N.P., Dasaklis, T.K., Pappis, C.P., 2012. A deterministic resource scheduling model in epidemic control: A case study. European Journal of Operational Research 216, 225-231.
- Κ. Dasaklis, N.P. Rachaniotis, C.P. Pappis, 2012, Epidemics’ Control and Logistics Operations: A review, International Journal of Production Economics, special issue: Models for Compassionate Operations.
- P. Rachaniotis, C.P. Pappis, G.T. Tsoulfas, T.Κ. Dasaklis, 2009, A bi-objective re-assembling policy model and its implementation in a case of personal computers, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, 59 (1), pp. 391-398.
1.2 Papers in Collective Volumes
- Costas Pappis, Constantinos Siettos, Thomas Dasaklis, 2013, Chapter 10. Fuzzy Sets, Systems and Applications, in Third edition (3/e) of the Encyclopedia of Operations Research and Management Science (E/ORMS) (editors: Saul I. Gass and Michael Fu), Springer-Verlag.
- P. Rachaniotis, T.K Dasaklis, C.P. Pappis, L.N. van Wassenhove, 2013, Multiple location and routing models in humanitarian logistics, Edited book: Humanitarian & Relief logistics: Research issues, case studies and future trends, published by Springer under the Series Operations Research/ Computer Science (ORCS).
1.3 Papers published in proceedings of international conferences
- K. Dasaklis and C.P. Pappis, 2014, Factors driving operational success for controlling infectious disease outbreaks in humanitarian emergencies: the case of cholera, Eighteenth International Working Seminar on Production Economics, February 24-28, Innsbruck, Austria.
- K. Dasaklis, N.P. Rachaniotis, C.P. Pappis, 2013, A multi-commodity, multi-period logistics network approach for controlling an epidemic’s outbreak, 2013 International Symposium on Operational Research and Applications (ISORAP2013), May 08-10, Marrakech, Morocco.
- P. Rachaniotis, T.K. Dasaklis, C.P. Pappis, 2013, Economic crisis and non-profit healthcare services in Greece: locating wellness centers in a dense urban area, 2013 International Symposium on Operational Research and Applications (ISORAP2013), May 08-10, Marrakech, Morocco.
- P. Pappis and T.K. Dasaklis, 2013, Operations coordination for epidemics containment in complex emergency systems, 2013 International Symposium on Operational Research and Applications (ISORAP2013), May 08-10, Marrakech, Morocco.
- C.P. Pappis, T.K. Dasaklis, N. Karacapilidis, 2010, Integrating climate change considerations into supply chain management, International Conference on Value Chain Sustainability 2010 (ICOVACS), November 15-17, Valencia, Spain.
- P. Pappis, N.P. Rachaniotis, T.K. Dasaklis, 2009, A deterministic resource scheduling model in epidemic logistics, 4th Multidisciplinary International Scheduling Conference-MISTA, 10-12 August, Dublin, Ireland, 570-580.
- K. Dasaklis, G.T. Tsoulfas, C.P. Pappis, 2007, Synthesis of environmental and economic criteria for the appraisal of alternative supply chains scenarios: a case study, Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Environmental Management, Engineering, Planning and Economics (CEMEPE), June 24-28, Skiathos, Greece: 2347-2352, ISBN 978-960-89818-1-2.
- T. Tsoulfas, T.K. Dasaklis, C.P. Pappis, 2007, Identifying success factors for reverse logistic activities, Proceedings of International ECO-X Conference, May 9-11, Vienna, Austria, 39-46, ISBN 978-3-200-00920-2.
- G.T. Tsoulfas, C.P. Pappis, T.K. Dasaklis, 2006, Enhancing the contribution of Life Cycle Interpretation to environmental analysis and decision making, Proceedings of 12th Annual International Sustainable Development Research Conference, April 6-8, 2006, Hong Kong, ISBN 962-7589-27-6.